
Going to the Lilac Festival in Rochester has become one of our favorite spring time traditions. If you have never been I would recommend it highly. The number of lilac bushes (there are 1,200 bushes covering 22 acres) in one area is just amazing and the smell from them is incredible. I love lilacs and amazed by the beauty as we walk among them. Again this year, I took many pictures and smelled more lilacs then I can count. I commented to someone there that I was taking pictures again and that they would look the same as the ones last year, but I just couldn't help myself. There are over 500 different varieties, each bush is marked with it's name and a number. This year we kept track of our favorites (look and most fragrant) and are going to try and get one to plant in our yard, my momma's day present this year. :) At one point, Francis took Isaac to the bathroom, so it was just Grace and I. We found a spot near my favorite lilac bush and just enjoyed the sunshine and beauty that surrounded us. She had a great time running to the bushes and smelling the flowers too. She kept trying to pick them for me, so I had to steer her to the dandelions and other flower on the ground. After about 45 minutes of being separated from each other (a VERY long story), we found a spot to have lunch and were entertained by a musician who was there performing kids songs. Finally, we ended the day with the kids riding on some kiddie rides. We had a few meltdowns after that, but it was to be expected after a 2nd day of missed naps. Another day filled with fun and memories! :)

1 comment:
Just letting you know that I didn't read this post because just thinking of the smell of lilacs makes me want to vomit.
Post a Comment