Friday, January 1, 2010
10 years, A decade, a whole new life...
In this post I reflected on the significant events of the past decade and am still amazed by how my life has changed in such a seemingly short amount of time. Last night, Francis and I watched the ball drop in Times Square (not in person, just on tv!) with Ruth crashed in my arms (waiting for the perfect time to lay her down). It was nice to talk about our past and what we've done in 10 years. I laid Ruth down, he headed for bed, and I was left with a moment to think...not good. :) I crawled into bed and whispered in his ear "do you realize in 10 years we will have an almost 16 year old son (getting ready to drive) and a 13 year old daughter (hello teen years!!!)?" I just know how quickly the last 10 years have gone...I'm praying that somehow I can slow the next ten down. Maybe I just need to slow down my day to day life, try not rushing from one thing to the next, and just enjoy my babies as they are now. Maybe I need to stop what I am doing and just be with them. Maybe I need to stop worrying about the perfect time to lay Ruth down and just enjoy the moments I have her in my arms. Life goes by so fast, the last 10 years are proof of that. I want to treasure the moments I have NOW with my family knowing they won't last...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Great reminders, Jennie. Time does go by so fast. That's one of the reasons I blog... to remember those little moments with the Dan and the boys... the small things in life that are so easy to breeze by in our busy-ness.
Yikes! That is so crazy to think about. Thanks for the reminder to slow down. Especially in this crazy time Shawn and I are going through with a newborn, I really needed that wake-up call (pun intended, hee hee).
Post a Comment