Sunday, December 12, 2010

Ice Cream Cone Christmas Trees

Yesterday we worked on a fun project, ice cream cone Christmas trees. I saw the idea on another website...but as usual, put my own spin on it. They are a nice alternative to building gingerbread houses. It's a very similar idea with decorating with candy, but not as difficult, especially for younger kids. I think they turned out really cute and Isaac and Grace had a great time working on them.

The set up: we had the cones, green frosting, and then a bunch of decorations (mini m&m's, sprinkles, red licorice lace, starburst star, marshmallow snowman, mini non-pareils, chocolate presents).


The were very excited to get started:


Ruthie enjoyed eating a green cone... this would have been a little too messy for her to try... but she had fun watching!

Hard at work:


Isaac's final project:

Mmm...

Gracie's finished product:

Yummy!


This is definitely a project I want to do with them again next year. It was a lot of fun and not a lot of work. :)

No comments: