Thursday, May 1, 2008

Africa, Elephants, and Our Zoo


So, here is a piece of the conversation I overheard between Francis and Isaac while they were playing in the playroom this evening....


Isaac and Francis were playing with cars and Isaac was talking about how his cars were in Africa. That was surprising to us that he would talk about Africa since I'm not sure how many times he's heard about it.


So Francis says: "do you know what's in Africa? ... Elephants"

Then Isaac says: " that's where our zoo is? ... in Africa?"


It was very cute and funny. We couldn't help but laugh. He's only seen the elephants at our zoo, so when Francis associated Africa with elephants, Isaac assumed our zoo was in Africa. Boy, I'm glad we don't have to go THAT far to see an elephant :) It's amazing to see how their little minds work and perceive the world around them :)

2 comments:

HB said...

Kids are just so funny!

Marcie said...

That is funny and sweet. I wonder what he'd say now if you asked him where Africa was?