
Yes, I voted. In NY it doesn't usually matter how we vote since it is a very democratic state... but I still want my voice, no matter how small, to be heard. I still feel it is very important to vote because of the local elections as well. I'm not sure that I'm looking forward to the results when I see them tomorrow morning (we aren't watching any coverage tonight for a variety of reasons), but I will have to accept them nonetheless. Anyway... I did have a funny moment while at our polling place. Francis took the kids in with him while he voted, then they stayed in while I voted as well. We still use the "old school" machines where you pull the lever to one side to close the curtain and then to the other to cast your vote and open the curtain. As soon as I opened the curtain Grace starts clapping her hands, jumping over to Francis, and rather loudly saying "Yay momma, you did it, you voted". Of course it got a little chuckle from those in the room. I'm just glad she wasn't aware enough to blurt out WHO I voted for! :) So, that is one of the things I will remember from Election Day 2008. I just pray that God will be with us and walk along side of us as we go through these next 4 years.









2 comments:
We have a lot of the same interests and I wanted to tell you that I completely understand your feelings on the election! Just wanted to say hello and tell you that you are welcome to take a look at my blog if you like!
I agree, NY is definately a liberal democratic state but I was quite pleased that McCain won in my county along with 2 next to mine ... not that it helped but it did offer some comfort that I'm not completely living in a hopeless area!
Post a Comment