Monday, November 10, 2008

A Wandering Pig and A Day Long Drive to PA....

So... today has been an interesting day... a crazy, busy, long, interesting day. There was so much to be done today in order to get on the road this morning. First, I dropped Isaac off at preschool, then I scooted on over to a friends house to drop some things off for our MOPSwap tomorrow. On my way back home, in the distance on the road in front of me, I see a deer (atleast that is what I think it is), which isn't uncommon for the road I'm on. It was strange it was out at that time of day and it was also odd that it didn't scamper off as a car came from the opposite direction. As the car continued by and as I got closer the "deer" raises it's head and at that moment I realize it's not a deer... but perhaps a dog by the way the ears were flapping.... hmmm... no...not a pig... still in MY lane... still wandering up the road. Finally, I get close enough to shockingly discover that it is a HUGE pig!!! She walks from the front of the van to the side and kind of just looks at me. As I drive slowly off it starts to follow me up the road. Boy, how I wish I had had my camera. It was quite the sight!

So, I got home.. with an hour an a half to finish packing suitcases, gather bedding, pack the cooler, load the car, etc before having to pick Isaac up from preschool. We somehow managed to accomplish it all and officially got on the road at 12:30pm (after stops to the bank, gas station, and McD's!). We had a short visit at Francis' grandma's as she isn't doing well, so we wanted to see her when we could. Then, we finally arrived at Nah's house at a little after 6 tonight. It was very exciting for all 3 cousins to be together. They are like best buddies. I'll have to post some pictures tomorrow! It was a good day, and it is just wonderful to be here with my sister!!! :)

No comments: