Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lilac Festival 2009

The 2nd week of May (or 3rd depending on the year) has been one of our busiest for the last few years. This was the 5th year that we headed to Rochester's annual Lilac Festival. As always, the lilacs were gorgeous and smelled so good! As always, I took a ton of pictures (198 to be exact, not all of the lilacs, but according to Francis 190 of them were!!!). We went on Monday, the day after mother's day. The kids did amazingly well considering how busy the day before was. They had a blast running through the bushes and smelling the lilacs. They also enjoyed going on a few rides before heading home. There isn’t much to say about each picture… but I hope you enjoy them!


This one shows how big some of the "bushes" really are!

Loved the white bush in between the 2 purple ones:



Isaac smelling the first of many lilacs:

Pink Lilacs:






Grace's turn to smell:

Too Cute:

Francis took this one... I like how it shows the pathway through the lilacs:
Purple and White Lilacs:

Sweet Girl:

This was a very different looking lilac bush with it's long stems of flowers:





First time we've ever seen these yellow lilacs..they looked like butter:
My favorite picture:


This was a very white lilac...so pure:

Love this picture too:

and finally, the rides! :)

2 comments:

HB said...

Those are some great pictures!! They lilacs are beautiful! I never knew there were yellow lilacs!

momma said...

I can just imagine how lovely those blossoms smelled. I, also, was surprised at the yellow lilacs. How beautiful!