Wednesday, September 23, 2009

International Babywearing Week!

This week is International Babywearing Week! I realized as I went to write this post that I don't have very many pictures at all of me wearing my babies! The pictures I have of Isaac and Grace, especially, aren't the greatest at all. I definately wore them more then the number of pictures I have. I think the lack of pictures is because I am usually the one taking them!

Anyway... I have really enjoyed the times I've gotten to wear my babies and each baby I have worn a little more often. With Isaac I was still under the mentality that he needed to be put down as much as possible and learn that he could be okay without being in someones arms. It also didn't help that the sling I had wasn't right for me (to small, wrong style) so I wasn't comfortable wearing him.




You can see that my arm is actually INSIDE the sling holding him because I just couldn't get it/him right in the sling. It was terrible! With Grace I bought an amazing sling! What a difference it made to have a sling that was "right". It was nice to be able to have her snuggled in when we were out and about and the stroller wasn't practical. I even managed to learn how to nurse her in the sling walking around. I felt like I had so much more freedom!



Even daddy likes to babywear! :)



I still use the same sling with Ruth now..but I am definately using it more then I did with Grace. I wear Ruth not just when we are out, but also around the house. She is a lot fussier (lots of belly issues) during the day then Isaac and Grace were so she ends up being in our arms while we try and comfort her. The sling has been great when I am needing to get things done.


I love having her close to me and snuggled in. I get so many comments when I am out, about how cute she is all snuggled in on me and so many people commenting on how they love my sling. I am looking forward to trying out some other babywearing "gear" sometime...though it's hard to think about spending so much money on something I'm not sure is going to work for me. I am so glad I found a sling that was comfortable and fits me well so that I can have my babies close to me whenever I want. I'm a baby wearer and I love it!!! :)



1 comment:

Marcie said...

I can't wait to wear Sophie! I love my Sleepywrap and hope that she loves it too! Love the old school picks of Issac and Gracie!!! So sweet!