I'm 29... ugh. I think I dreaded this birthday worse then I'll dread actually turning 30. Poor Isaac has heard my comments and keeps asking me why I don't want to be 29. I just tell him that I'm being silly. Finally, today I told him that I was okay being 29, and I think he believed me :) Today was a nice day. Francis got up with Gracie this morning, so even though I didn't actually fall back to sleep, I was able to enjoy an extra hour in bed that I don't normally get. Grace just loved singing happy birthday to me... it came out more like "happy momma" or "happy day momma", but it melted my heart everytime. And Isaac sang it to me several times, and once tonight as we were snuggled in bed together he sang it by himself... so cute... brought a little tear to my eye :) I love being a mom and watching them grow. Each stage they are in bring laughter and joy and special moments that I will treasure in my heart. For supper tonight, Francis, Isaac, and Grace took me out to Red Lobster. It was a fun day... made turning 29 a little easier. :)
Thursday, May 22, 2008
It's official....
I'm 29... ugh. I think I dreaded this birthday worse then I'll dread actually turning 30. Poor Isaac has heard my comments and keeps asking me why I don't want to be 29. I just tell him that I'm being silly. Finally, today I told him that I was okay being 29, and I think he believed me :) Today was a nice day. Francis got up with Gracie this morning, so even though I didn't actually fall back to sleep, I was able to enjoy an extra hour in bed that I don't normally get. Grace just loved singing happy birthday to me... it came out more like "happy momma" or "happy day momma", but it melted my heart everytime. And Isaac sang it to me several times, and once tonight as we were snuggled in bed together he sang it by himself... so cute... brought a little tear to my eye :) I love being a mom and watching them grow. Each stage they are in bring laughter and joy and special moments that I will treasure in my heart. For supper tonight, Francis, Isaac, and Grace took me out to Red Lobster. It was a fun day... made turning 29 a little easier. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
Turing 29 is tough. It's the official sign of the end of your 20's. After that you can't even try to be cool. =) (Dan always says, "Thanks a lot," when I say that because he's already 31.)
Just think. 2008 is the year I turn 30. It seems like an awful doctor's appointment, or big test, or presentation looming ahead. I keep telling myself that 30 is the new 20. =)
i will be 30 in november... 29 felt bad enough.. sounded so old...but at least its still go the "twenty" attached to the front. 30 starts a whole new age bracket. eekkk! so enjoy your 29 days while you can! lol
oh well, i find life gets better as we get older, right?
I've never had trouble with any age so far... I wonder how 30 will be this year. :)
BTW, can you believe you are going to be 32!!!!!!!
Post a Comment