Well, I'm way overdue for a post. Things have been pretty busy this last month. Grace and Isaac weathered the chicken pox well. They were deemed noncontagious just in time for us to go to VBS at our MOPS church. The kids were both in the nursery, though they participated in almost every part of VBS (singing, snack time, rec time, and crafts). I helped out one of my friends with the 5th grade class. When I first heard that this was the class I would be helping with my heart dropped. Anyone who knows me knows that MY age group is preschool/kindergarten... 5th graders were way out of my comfort zone. The first day changed my mind. Those kids were amazing. They were so cute and well behaved and a joy to work with. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Each day of VBS had a different theme. One day was Crazy Hat Day, another MisMatch Day, and other was Crazy Hair day. My friend and I decided to go all out. I wish I had a picture of the two of us together, but I never got one. She came with bright green hair and mine was the brightest pink I could find. This was the first time I have EVER colored/dyed/bleached/etc my hair. The funny thing was that after VBS I went to story time at the library with the kids and to our churchs' softball game at night... ALL WITH PINK HAIR!!! It was fun and Isaac and Grace thought it was great. :) All in all it was an exhausting, but wonderful week.... except for what Isaac and Grace brought home with them...... that is for another post... stay tuned :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment