So... to continue on with posts that I am overdue in writing, I am continuing on with my story following VBS week. Grace woke up Monday morning acting fairly normal, though she would keep coming to me for "extra loving"... a hug, a kiss, a take-you (hold her). :) I didn't think too much of it, until I realized how warm she was. I took her temperature and it was 102.5... one of the highest she has had. So, for the rest of the evening and throughout the night we gave her medicine to try and bring down her fever. The lowest it got was 101.2. Still she wasn't showing any other symptoms of being sick. Tuesday morning her fever was 103.8, so I called her pediatrician and they told me to bring her in at 5pm... which is unusual, because normally they say that fevers last 5-7 days and to call back if anything changes. Just before we left for the appointment, we checked Isaac's temperature and he had one above 102, so we brought him along to be looked at as well. As soon as their doctor took a look at them, specifically in their mouth, he knew what it was.... Hand, Food, and Mouth disease. It sounds bad, but pretty much what it is is blisters that appear on the hands, feet and the mouth that's caused by a virus. He told us is very contagious. We got a lot of strange looks from people (especially the older members in our church) when we told them what the kids had. They confused it with HOOF and Mouth disease. We had to laugh thinking about the fact that... umm... they don't have hooves :) :) :) Anyway... when I got home from the appointment my e-mail inbox was filled with messages from other moms that had kids in the nursery at VBS... most of them were having similar symptoms with their kids too. It looks as if they all shared and took home a present from VBS week. Grace probably ended up with the worst of it as far as the blisters in the mouth. Hers we big and white and seemed to be pretty painful to her. She went a couple of days with mostly drinking and 2 nights where she woke up every 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Thankfully after a few days they both were feeling fine again... though we we under quarentine again. We were able to get together with the other kids who had it though and it made the week go by a little quicker. And I thought summers were supposed to be a chance to have a break from sickness!!! :)
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
The Lovely Present Brought Home From VBS...
So... to continue on with posts that I am overdue in writing, I am continuing on with my story following VBS week. Grace woke up Monday morning acting fairly normal, though she would keep coming to me for "extra loving"... a hug, a kiss, a take-you (hold her). :) I didn't think too much of it, until I realized how warm she was. I took her temperature and it was 102.5... one of the highest she has had. So, for the rest of the evening and throughout the night we gave her medicine to try and bring down her fever. The lowest it got was 101.2. Still she wasn't showing any other symptoms of being sick. Tuesday morning her fever was 103.8, so I called her pediatrician and they told me to bring her in at 5pm... which is unusual, because normally they say that fevers last 5-7 days and to call back if anything changes. Just before we left for the appointment, we checked Isaac's temperature and he had one above 102, so we brought him along to be looked at as well. As soon as their doctor took a look at them, specifically in their mouth, he knew what it was.... Hand, Food, and Mouth disease. It sounds bad, but pretty much what it is is blisters that appear on the hands, feet and the mouth that's caused by a virus. He told us is very contagious. We got a lot of strange looks from people (especially the older members in our church) when we told them what the kids had. They confused it with HOOF and Mouth disease. We had to laugh thinking about the fact that... umm... they don't have hooves :) :) :) Anyway... when I got home from the appointment my e-mail inbox was filled with messages from other moms that had kids in the nursery at VBS... most of them were having similar symptoms with their kids too. It looks as if they all shared and took home a present from VBS week. Grace probably ended up with the worst of it as far as the blisters in the mouth. Hers we big and white and seemed to be pretty painful to her. She went a couple of days with mostly drinking and 2 nights where she woke up every 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Thankfully after a few days they both were feeling fine again... though we we under quarentine again. We were able to get together with the other kids who had it though and it made the week go by a little quicker. And I thought summers were supposed to be a chance to have a break from sickness!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
Jennie, this had me laughing so hard! Hoof and mouth disease... Lol! I'm just so thankful that both of my boys have been completely healthy for the last two weeks. We haven't even been giving Sam his breathing treatments because his breathing seems fine.
Post a Comment