Sunday, November 22, 2009

Growing and Changing...

Ruth has changed so much just in the last few weeks! I know that is the way it is the 1st year, but it has amazed me yet again! She is so much fun now and is interacting so much more with us and things around her. She grabs toys to put in her mouth and reaches out to touch things around her. She is constantly putting her fingers in her mouth and I am holding out hope that I may have a thumbsucker yet!!! Here are a few pictures of some recent accomplishments/milestones.


She had learned to roll from front to back. She has done this a few times during tummytime...but the day I took this picture she woke up from her nap crying really hard. I walked in and found her like this:

Poor girl had flipped over on her back and even got her leg out of her pj's. She was NOT happy! We are still working on rolling from back to front. She is so close...she gets on her side...but just can't complete the turn. This is a picture from one of her attempts:



While we were at Jess' house Ruth tried out Elijah's exersaucer for the 1st time. She LOVED it and knew just what to do to have fun in it. She was spinning circles and playing with all the toys on it. I was amazed to see how she played in it!



So, we came home and introduced her to her johnny jumper. She likes hanging out it in and chewing on the linkadoos. She hasn't managed to get jumping too much...but I don't think it will be too long before she gets the hang of it!



She has also discovered her toes! She is always grabbing for them when she is nursing..it is the cutest thing watching her reach for them and then hold on to them.



So...that is pretty much all of the new things Ruth is doing. She is still our little princess:




and my baby girl!



3 comments:

Marcie said...

So cute. I love all the pictures. She is getting so big!!!

Amber said...

Hi! I just stumbled across your blog through the M2M blogroll. Such a sweet little girl. I, too have a Ruth. My little Ruthie Jane is almost two. I'm enjoying your blog!

Jennifer said...

Another Ruth? :) I'm so excited you found me. I've been catching up on your blog as well. Your Ruthie is so cute. I'm going to try and leave a few comments on your blog now that I have 2 hands free!!! :)