Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Roller Coaster Ride...

.... of emotions. That's how I would describe this last week or two. We went from the elation that comes with the anticipation of another baby to the other side of losing that precious little life. There were ups and downs all last week as I went to appointments and had blood work done... all they did was give me hope only to have it ripped from me within hours. Thankfully, each day gets a little easier. There are still moments when I will remember and the tears will overcome me. But those times aren't as frequent. I went to my MOPS meeting yesterday. It was my first opportunity to be around more then 1 or 2 people who knew what has happened. It was overwhelming at times... but it was comforting to be surrounded by other moms, my friends... some of whom knew what I was going through, because they have been there... and others who could empathize because they have little ones too and can't imagine what it would be like to go through a loss like this. The question to me every time was "how are you?" and my response always was (and still is) "better then last week"... and I think that's how it will continue to be. Each week, each day even, it will get a little better. I am so thankful for all of the notes of encouragement and for the prayers being said on our behalf. We have felt them and I know that I couldn't be going through this without that support and my faith in Jesus. I know that my little baby is safely in His arms, though I think my Nana is holding her great grandchild in HER arms most of the time. :)

No comments: