Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Winds of Change...

Isaac starts preschool tomorrow. Wow. I'm not sure I am ready for this... but I'm putting on a brave face for my baby boy who is so excited to be going in the morning. I've had my moments where I've shed a tear or two (or hundreds if you asked Francis), but for the most part I've been okay. I've left him before at MOPS... only I was just down the hall if he needed me. It is so hard to trust your child with a complete stranger... who ever thought THIS was a good idea? :) I'm just praying he has as much fun and does as well as I know he can. On our way home from North Carolina over the weekend, the kids were watching a new movie. One of the shows on it was Wonder Pets... not normally my favorite show because I can't stand the way they talk (mostly baby talk, mispronouncing words)... but this particular episode was about helping a baby blowfish who has to leave his momma when he goes to preschool. Let me tell you... I cried more in the car listening to that then I have any other time! At one point the baby blowfish says he doesn't want his momma to leave... then one of the WonderPets says "But the Momma ALWAYS has to leave"... uh... stab me in the heart why don't you! Then the momma blowfish says that she will always come back too. Still... why do I have to leave in the first place!!! :) Thankfully, I don't think I'll have to convince Isaac I have to leave him there alone. I, on the other hand, will probably be kicking and screaming as Francis drags me out of there (just kidding, you know!) :) So, if you think of it, send up a little prayer as I trust my baby boy with a new teacher, new friends, and a new environment... and as I reliquish some of my "control" and let God watch over and take care of him while I'm not there. :)

No comments: