Wednesday, September 3, 2008

WE made it!

Momma and Isaac at Preschool

Daddy, Isaac, and Grace waiting for the day to begin.


Isaac and best friend Thomas (from MOPS) at the end of the morning!



All the papers Isaac brought home in his backpack!


So... we made it. The first day of preschool was a success... only 13 more years to go! :) The day started off a little crazy. The plan was for me to get up at 7:30, get ready, and then get Isaac and Grace up by 8am... so we could leave by 8:45. What is it they say about well laid plans? Well, Francis and I miscommunicated about the setting of alarms or being woken up... HE woke up by his alarm at 7am... I woke up on my own at 8:18... utter panic! I flew out of bed... woke Isaac up as gently as I could, but with a sense of urgency. Grace was awake when I opened her door (one good thing!). We managed to get them dressed, myself dressed, threw a pop tart at Isaac (not my ideal breakfast for the 1st day!!!) and strapped them in their car seats. We managed to get there a few minutes early even... and had time for a couple of pictures. It wasn't as hard to say bye to him as I thought. In our rush to leave we neglected to have him use the bathroom before leaving... so the teacher let me take him in the classroom before I left. I helped him out... kissed him bye when we were done and that was it. After that we dropped Francis back at home and Grace and I went out to breakfast with Thomas' mom, Jen, his sister, Michaela, and baby brother Nicholas. It was a nice distraction from what we had just done, for the moms and the sisters who wanted to stay and play too! 11:30 came soon enough and we were back picking them up. Isaac had lots to tell. First the played for little while... then they sat on the rug and read a story about a frog who went to school (he can't remember the name of the frog though)... then they played a little more... they did quiet seat work where he had to write his name (his paper has a stamp with the word "great" on it, probably the same as all the other kids, but I can still be proud of it!)... then he had a quiet play time where he used playdough for a little while and then had a chance to play on the computer... a kid size one, where he had to feed a dog, not just food, but newspapers and shoes too :)... he also played in the sand which he said didn't smell very good (hmmmmm?)... they had a snack of apple juice and a chocolate/vanilla sandwich cookie. Wow... sorry for all the details. They are more for my benefit so I won't forget it before I have a chance to scrapbook it!!! :) So, that was our morning... he was pretty tired tonight and ready for bed. It's amazing how tired you can get from learning!! :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

how exciting! I feel like I was "there". It was so nice to be able to talk to him about it right after too :).