Thursday, March 4, 2010

You Capture- Hopeful

This week's You Capture theme is Hopeful. When I saw that last week I figured I wouldn't find much to take pictures of that would be hopeful...so I wasn't even thinking about it at all this week. So, today, I checked my camera to see what I might have captured that was hopeful and I found a few. This picture was taken last Thursday night. Isaac had come home from school and told us that his teacher had told his class that if they wore their pj's inside out and backwards and put a spoon under their pillow they would have a snow day the next morning. Of course I had to document his silliness :) He was very hopeful that there would be a snow day on Friday!
It snowed all night and we woke up to a snow day! The significance of it is that our school district has only had a snow day ONCE in the 6 years we have lived here (and we live where it snows from November to April!!!). I just had to laugh that it actually worked :) :) It continued to snow throughout the day...but by supper time the snow had stopped and the sun actually came out. Hope for another day :)
And finally, I took this picture on Friday. Isaac and Grace are sitting at the table playing a game together and Ruth is looking longingly at them...hoping she could get to them. This is also the 1st time she pulled up on her knees!!! I was shocked and went to grab her...but grabbed my camera instead :)

For more Hopeful You Capture submissions head on over to Beth's! :)

4 comments:

Jen said...

I love that pristine, snowy yard!

shellycoulter said...

love that last picture. so cute!

Upstatemamma said...

And sometimes we get our hopes!

Anonymous said...

That's a funny story. :)