Sunday, March 30, 2008

2 hours of sleep...

...is not enough. I have had trouble with my gall bladder ever since I was pregnant for Grace. In fact, they almost took it out when I was 14 weeks pregnant with her, that's how bad it had gotten. Thankfully, it resolved itself for the most part for the remainder of my pregnancy. I've had bouts of it off and on in the last 2 years, but yesterday had to be the worst. The pain increased so much that I ended up going to the ER after putting the kids down to bed. Let me say, it was a long night. By the time I got the the ER, most of my pain was on the right side of my back, under my ribs. It hurt to breathe, but not really when I moved. I guess the doctor was trying to be thorough and decided to rule out a blood clot. I had to undergo a test that required my to have radioactive things put into my body. It's kind of scary to think about, but they said there isn't anything for me to be worried about as far as anything long term. The test was okay, a little bit clausterphobic, but I survived it. One of the worst things about the whole ordeal is that because of what they did, I can't have the kids close to me. I can give them a quick hug and kiss, but no snuggling, reading books together, etc. The even more heart wrenching thing is that I can't nurse Grace for 3 days. I know she is almost two... I know we were in the process of weaning her. She only nursed about 5-10 minutes before bed. But, this isn't the way I wanted it to end. I mean, yes in 3 days I could nurse her again, but what would that do? Only prolong what we've been trying to do anyway. I just wanted to do it when we were ready... not when someone told us we couldn't anymore. So, tonight, I won't be able to nurse her like normal and I also won't be able to hold, and snuggle, and comfort her through it. This is going to be a hard day... a hard 3 days. Thankfully, the test came back fine... definitely not a clot... not conclusive that it was my gall bladder... so, I guess we'll just see as the days and weeks go by. I'm tired and ready for bed. I can't wait for Francis to get home so I can take a nap and sleep some of this day away...

2 comments:

Priscilla Goodman said...

sounds like a really rough day! :(

Marcie said...

Ugh! Talk about drastic measures! Hopefully you won't ever have to do that again.