Thursday, March 27, 2008

Growing up, but still my baby boy....

Isaac is so cute. Everyday is new and different with him. He is definitely in a transition right now from a baby/toddler stage to a preschool/young boy. His thoughts and actions reflect this change in so many ways. He is learning to spell new words everyday and just last night he was able to read about 10 different 3 letter words in his bible story. Also in the last few weeks, we've noticed how he is aware of our different feelings, especially when we are sad or hurt (even if we are just pretending). At night time I usually have a couple of minutes alone with him while Francis takes Grace. Most nights he tells me a story he has made up which I just love to hear. Some nights he will say to me that he is too tired to tell me a story, so I will pout and pretend to cry. He will pull me into his arms, saying "come here, come here, it's okay", the same words I use when he is sad or hurt. As for him still being my baby boy... well lately he has been crawling into my lap and laying his head on my chest asking "Momma, can I be in your heart?". MY heart melts everytime, and everytime I tell him that he already is and he always will be (even when he gets big and is 20 as he likes to say!). I am really enjoying the age he is right now and even though he pushes the limit and tests the waters of independence, in the end he is and will always be my baby boy!!!! :)

1 comment:

Marcie said...

So sweet! And I love the picture of Baby Isaac. I can't believe how much he has changed but how he still has the same "Isaac" face/look. :)