So, today after supper we decided we would take Isaac and Grace to the playground. We stopped at one in a neighboring town, one we had never been to before. It was so fun... Isaac is so much braver this year then he was last. He climed on a set of rainbow monkey bars (that's the best way I can describe them) that had a pole in the middle and he slid down it. He still shows his timidness, but is overcoming it each day. We were all having a grand ol' time running between the slides, the swings, etc. I spied the teeter totter and thought how fun it would be to go on again. So, I called Francis over and we did the whole "snoopy, snoopy let me down... what will you give me charlie brown?" thing. Of course, by then Isaac and Grace wanted in on the action and we thought, well, why not? BAD idea. Isaac sat with Francis and I held onto Grace. Everything was going great until it was our turn to go into the air. Well, we went up quick, bumped a little and because I was holding her on my left leg it was enough to throw me off balance. I started screaming to Francis to put us down, but he couldn't because he had put his legs out straight in front of him and wasn't able to get the leverage to get us down. The only other thought in my mind as we were falling was to not fall on Grace. We did fall, and we fell hard. Even though I've lost almost 40 pounds I'm still a big girl! :) Somehow (I know God had His hand right there), I managed to roll enough onto my side and back that I took the brunt of the landing... and I am feeling it. Grace only has a scratch on her leg from getting caught between me and the handle of the teeter totter. I hit my shoulder and head pretty hard on the ground, but my worst injury has to be my right leg. Because I was trying so hard to stay on the teeter totter, I ended up pulling my hamstring. Thankfully, I am able to walk and Trainer Nah (aka Jessie) says I will be sore, but fine in a few days/weeks. So, the lessons we have learned: We aren't getting any younger, though we are getting smaller :) No more re-living childhood experiences (at least with Isaac and Grace around), and that God is good and He watches over us even when we aren't very smart :)
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Re-living my childhood?
So, today after supper we decided we would take Isaac and Grace to the playground. We stopped at one in a neighboring town, one we had never been to before. It was so fun... Isaac is so much braver this year then he was last. He climed on a set of rainbow monkey bars (that's the best way I can describe them) that had a pole in the middle and he slid down it. He still shows his timidness, but is overcoming it each day. We were all having a grand ol' time running between the slides, the swings, etc. I spied the teeter totter and thought how fun it would be to go on again. So, I called Francis over and we did the whole "snoopy, snoopy let me down... what will you give me charlie brown?" thing. Of course, by then Isaac and Grace wanted in on the action and we thought, well, why not? BAD idea. Isaac sat with Francis and I held onto Grace. Everything was going great until it was our turn to go into the air. Well, we went up quick, bumped a little and because I was holding her on my left leg it was enough to throw me off balance. I started screaming to Francis to put us down, but he couldn't because he had put his legs out straight in front of him and wasn't able to get the leverage to get us down. The only other thought in my mind as we were falling was to not fall on Grace. We did fall, and we fell hard. Even though I've lost almost 40 pounds I'm still a big girl! :) Somehow (I know God had His hand right there), I managed to roll enough onto my side and back that I took the brunt of the landing... and I am feeling it. Grace only has a scratch on her leg from getting caught between me and the handle of the teeter totter. I hit my shoulder and head pretty hard on the ground, but my worst injury has to be my right leg. Because I was trying so hard to stay on the teeter totter, I ended up pulling my hamstring. Thankfully, I am able to walk and Trainer Nah (aka Jessie) says I will be sore, but fine in a few days/weeks. So, the lessons we have learned: We aren't getting any younger, though we are getting smaller :) No more re-living childhood experiences (at least with Isaac and Grace around), and that God is good and He watches over us even when we aren't very smart :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Oh Jennie! I had to laugh out loud at your vivid re-telling. And of course our instinct is always to protect our kids from injury!
Painful yet Funny! :)
Post a Comment