Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Adventures!

Tonight was Ruth's introduction to the world of real food. She has been more then ready for a few weeks now...but we wanted to wait until the craziness of Christmas and New Years was over. She has been VERY interested in us eating and reaching out for anything we were trying to eat or drink. Here she is in her Bumbo seat, ready and waiting...


Her very 1st bite of rice cereal


Mmmmmm...yummy!


She kept leaning her head forward to try and get the next bite...


And she tried helping with her hands too!


She was all smiles at the end. She ate every last bite of what I made for her and loved it!
This is what she looked like about 20 minutes later... such a beautiful little girl. :)


I can't believe we have entered the world of solid food with Ruth. It seems just like yesterday I was nursing her for the very 1st time. It is amazing how quickly it all goes by. I just wish I could hold on to all my babies just a little longer...






3 comments:

Marcie said...

So cute. I love the pictures, especially the sleeping one at the end.

Erin said...

Oh, so sweet. We just started Tommy on baby oatmeal, and he too lunged his mouth at the spoon if I wasn't feeding him quickly enough.

Jennifer said...

:) Yeah...we are going to be starting Ruth on oatmeal today because apparently she is allergic to the rice cereal! She broke out in a terrible rash that didn't go away until we stopped it. Hopefully she'll do okay with the oatmeal! :)