Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Spiced Nuts

I've had requests (okay, one persistant sister mostly) to blog more. I told her the other day that I don't always have new and exciting things to write about so I said maybe I should just put up a recipe. She thought it was a great idea...so here is my first blog recipe! Let me know if you try it and how they turn out!!


Pumpkin Pie Spiced Nuts

1 egg white
1 tsp water
24 ounces salted, mixed nuts
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice

In a large bowl, beat together the egg white and water. Add nuts and toss to coat. Combine sugar and spice. Sprinkle over the nuts and toss to coat. Line a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with non-stick foil or spray pan with non stick cooking spray heavily. Spread nuts in a single layer. Bake at 350’F for 20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before transferring to waxed paper for complete cooling. Break apart before serving.

2 comments:

Marcie said...

sounds yummy!!! I can't wait to make them. I think they would make a great Christmas gift!

Jennifer said...

They are yummy and much requested for our open house. AND they make WONDERFUL Christmas gifts. They are incredibly easy to make and they make a full cookie sheet so you can have several gifts, depending how much you give away (and how much you end up eating yourself) :)