Today was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful!!! We spent most of the day outside in the sunshine and fresh air. I knew that one day this week I would wash our blankets and hang them out to dry. I wait all winter for the smell of laundry hung outside. I don't take the time to dry all of our laundry outside, but it is such a treat to get to have our blankets done this way. Well, today was the day to do it. I managed to get all of the blankets and sheets hung, dried and brought back inside... all except one comforter which needed a little extra time. Unfortunately, by the time I got to bring it inside there was a long white strip running down the middle of it... if you haven't figured it out by now it was bird poo!!!! *sigh* So, grumbling under my breath, I brought it back inside, washed it AGAIN and hung it out, praying the birds would stay away :) And they did. I guess, with all of the times I have hung out the blankets, if this is the first time I've had to rewash something, it's not too bad! So, I'm ready to snuggle into my freshly washed blankets and get a long nights sleep... looking forward to another gorgeous spring day tomorrow!!! :)
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Laundry...
Today was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful!!! We spent most of the day outside in the sunshine and fresh air. I knew that one day this week I would wash our blankets and hang them out to dry. I wait all winter for the smell of laundry hung outside. I don't take the time to dry all of our laundry outside, but it is such a treat to get to have our blankets done this way. Well, today was the day to do it. I managed to get all of the blankets and sheets hung, dried and brought back inside... all except one comforter which needed a little extra time. Unfortunately, by the time I got to bring it inside there was a long white strip running down the middle of it... if you haven't figured it out by now it was bird poo!!!! *sigh* So, grumbling under my breath, I brought it back inside, washed it AGAIN and hung it out, praying the birds would stay away :) And they did. I guess, with all of the times I have hung out the blankets, if this is the first time I've had to rewash something, it's not too bad! So, I'm ready to snuggle into my freshly washed blankets and get a long nights sleep... looking forward to another gorgeous spring day tomorrow!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
Yucky! At first I couldn't figure out what a bird had to do with laundry day! :) I wish we had a clothes line so I could hang stuff out as well. Love that smell!
Post a Comment