Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Chicken (Turkey) Tetrazzini

This is what we are having for supper tonight. It is so easy, especially if you already have pasta leftover and chicken boiled (I usually boil twice the amount whenever I am doing some). It also works great with turkey leftovers. Let me know what you think if you try it!!! :)


(this is before it is cooked!)


Chicken Tetrazzini

1 package (7oz) thin spaghetti, broken in half
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 can (10¾oz) cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
½ tsp poultry seasoning
1/8 tsp ground mustard
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tbs parmesan cheese
Parsley

Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and place in a greased 11x7 inch pan. Top with turkey, set aside. In a sauce pan over medium heat, whisk together soup, milk, poultry seasoning, and mustard until blended. Stir in the cheddar cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Pour over turkey. Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered at 350’ for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley.

Ha ha...reading this I just realized that I put the mozzarella cheese in with the cheddar cheese instead of sprinkling it on the top! Oops...I guess we'll see how it turns out that way! :)

***Edited to Add the following...***

This is what it looks like out of the oven (and already served!). I ended up sprinkling a little more mozzarella for the top since I like the crispy cheese it makes. Overall it was VERY cheesy and I wouldn't put both cheeses in the sauce again. It wasn't bad...just too cheesy for my taste and for what I am used to with this recipe. :)

No comments: