Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Groundhog's Day!!!

This is what worked on today for Isaac and Grace...



I saw the idea on another blog I follow this morning. My plan of staying home all day changed as I needed a few things to make them. But, I was able to get this since I was out anyway!!! :) It made the outing worth it...

...even if I did have to share some :) (it's decaf!)

So...back to the Groundhog's day treats. I actually made chocolate cupcakes instead of the frozen pudding like they did. I also frosted them with chocolate frosting and sprinkled crushed fudge oreos on the top to give the texture of dirt. They were so fun and easy to make. I worked on the groundhog faces while the cupcakes were baking. Once the cupcakes were cooled I frosted them, pressed the tops in crushed chocolate oreos and put the groundhog face cookies in.

Isaac and Grace LOVED them and thought they were so cute. I love doing special things on holidays..and I never really had anything to do for Groundhog's Day..but I think this will become a special treat each year! :)


1 comment:

Marcie said...

Those are AWESOME!!! You should write a book/cookbook with all the cool Mom stuff you do for them! I love all the special holiday stuff...they are going to have great memories of all the neat things you've made. :)